11/06/2017

A simple dress for baby girls

Hello friends! Its been a long while!
In case you were wondering having a baby girl is everything I ever dreamed of! I sometimes look at her and wonder if its real and if I really have this perfect little baby girl <3 I love it and so do my boys!
My sewing has been very little the last few months and at the rate babies grow I haven't kept up with pictures as much as I'd like.

 One of the dresses that I made that was worn over and over during the summer was this adorable number. It was such an easy sew and so cute we received many compliments over it every single wear. People were usually so impressed that it was handmade, if only they knew how easy it was! My sewing with 5 kids and homeschooling (did I mention we are doing that again this year?) all my projects of late need to be fast and easy so this dress has been repeated 2-3 times and worn a lot. 


This little guy is taking having a sister quite well, as you can see, they absolutely love each other! 
I made this dress using a free pattern from Sew Much Ado and a matching diaper cover from Made Everydays free pattern. I really like those two patterns a lot and they were very easy to make!
I can see more sewing for girls in the future of this blog! I do sew for my boys too, although, with a 12 year old in the same size as a mens small I don't do as much for the older boys anymore.
Fabric: Joannes from a couple years ago