Toddler bed

A few months ago My husband and I decided Parker needed a new bed he was getting too tall for his crib and it was starting to keep him up at night with his head bonking the rails.
*this post contains affiliate links which helps support this blog*
I searched for a building plan online the first place I checked was Anna Whites site but all her plans looked more complicated than what we wanted. Plus they required a Kreg which I didn't really want to invest in just yet.

 Enter Pinterest! Seriously what did we do before Pinterest?!  I was able to find a plan that suited our needs and I really liked the overall style of the bed a lot! So we got to building.

 Actually as far as working to together we did a great job together which I was surprised at since we are so different and that can cause some...issues ;0) He is very precise and methodical, where as I tend to fly by the seat of my pants and just like to go with the flow. It gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes but that's the fun part, right?

 Anyways back to the bed. We didn't follow the measurements of the board sizes exactly because we wanted to use what we had and ours were only 1/2" wider than what the plans called for so it worked fine! although we did have to figure a few measurements differently.

 Overall I'm very pleased with the bed! It looks great, and can hold the weight of me and Parker without any trouble, which is better than the cheap store bought ones I was going to get.

I still need to make a cute blanket for it and a few more sheets hopefully I'll have something to share after we get into our house...well maybe it will be awhile after ;0)

The bed ended up costing us the about $20 since we had all the wood and the paint was from a previous project. The $20 was spent on  this mouse sander: