4/25/2013

KCW Day 3: Mini Boden take 2

  So remember the green shorts I posted yesterday? Well here is a reminder:

They were supposed to look like this:
Yeah not even close to the same and I could. not. let. it. go.
So I fixed them!

 I used the clean slate shorts pattern (a tiny bit smaller though) and used ribbing for the waistband.

 The Boden ones had a band on the pockets and I decided to do it that way but with a contrasting color. I think it made a huge difference! It never ceases to amaze me what a tiny details do to change the look.

 C said "Mom there are pockets!.....

 ...and a pocket here too!!" 

I also made the shirt today too but silly me was in a big hurry and sewed the sleeve end where the arm hole was supposed to go! I guess it wouldn't be KCW without a mistake here and there ;o)


KCW button

Gingerly Made
125

4 comments:

  1. These are SO cute! I knocked these off last year for KCWC and they have been worn and worn! Seriously my favorite and I cannot justify paying $30 for knit shorts, can you!? They make sewing for boys awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't justify it either especially when I have 3 boys to buy for, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version!! I've been wanting to knock off those exact shorts and I think I may have to try that pattern too! Thanks so much for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try them, I just made them a bit smaller than the pattern called for!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from YOU!