4/14/2014

Better Baby pants

Hello everyone! Have you noticed on my sidebar that I have a new affiliate?
  Tie Dye Diva
 Tie Dye Diva Patterns contacted me a few months ago and asked if I would like to try one of their patterns and become an affiliate. I said YES!!! of course ;0)
I was so excited to try the Better Baby Pants because I hadn't found a pants pattern for size newborn to 24 months that I really liked yet. My criteria was it be simple, since babies in that size range grow super fast, still be able to add any details I so desired but not have to add zippers or a faux fly. I was not disappointed!

 I made these in a very soft light blue linen no changes to the actual pattern; although I did add pockets to the front which are not a part of the pattern.


  
 I made them for my nephew Kaizen, (isn't he a cutie?) he is at the age where holding still is not an option hence the leg blur ;0)

 One other change I made was to make the back pocket bigger I made the pants in size 6-9 months and used the biggest pocket size (24 months).

It was a super easy sew I did it in 3 five to ten minute sessions and they were done! the instructions were really great, there is even a section teaching you how to lengthen or shorten pants the correct way, which I haven't seen before so it was a very nice addition. You can make these into ruffle butt pants for a girl version as well! The sizing is spot on. My nephew was in 6-9 months store bought and these fit exactly like those sizes. The legs are a straight leg which I wasn't sure about at first but I ended up liking them a lot! My sister said it has been easier for Kaizen to move around since he doesn't have all the extra fabric around his legs so I will definitely be making more straight legged pants from now on.

There are some really great patterns in her shop so be sure to check them out!

Those baby legs!! I love this and would totally make it...if I had a girl that is ;0)

There is even a cargo shorts pattern for up to size 8 that looks super simple but great looking!


http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/123537195/max_h-300+max_w-300/coltonhoodiesmaller.jpg 
This vest/hoodie is so cute!

Anyways go check out her shop and see for yourself what great things there are!
  Tie Dye Diva 
*I am an affiliate of tie dye diva patterns. I was given a pattern to test but all opinions are my own.