3/02/2013

DIY Shout Spray

I don't know how your boys are but mine are dirty! Especially P, he is almost 4 and when he goes to preschool he comes home with who knows what on his sleeves!

 I have tried several things and usually the only thing that will get his sleeves clean looking is a soak with Oxiclean. Its not my favorite though it tends to wear out the colors on a shirt after a while and its a pain for me with my laundry set up right now.
 So I searched around and found this recipe for DIY shout on One Good Thing I gave it a try and WOW!

I sprayed, rubbed the fabric, washed and BOOM! look at how clean those sleeves are!

There are a few spots where the fabric is slightly darker because of the stains but it is really hard to see them. 
Here is the recipe super basic and easy:

  • 2/3 cups Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
  • 2/3 cups ammonia
  • 6 Tbsp baking soda
  • 2 cups warm water
Mix everything together and pour into a spray bottle.
Before you go to use it give it a good shake.