10/30/2013

Whole Wheat brownies

I love this recipe it somehow seems healthy just because of the wheat flour but your taste buds would never know it!
First off its not fudgy and gooey its almost cake like but not quite. Its moist, chocolatey and delicious, its even dairy-free and egg-free!

 I know my pictures aren't the best but I promise they taste better than I captured ;o)


WHOLE WHEAT BROWNIES
2 C. whole wheat flour (best if from white wheat)
2 C. sugar
3/4 C. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 C. water
1 C. oil (can use 1/2 c. applesauce and 1/2 c. oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
Optional: Add about 1 C. each of chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before cutting.

This is from my cousin here is the original recipe.
These are great! I made them exactly like it says and they were sooo moist! you can use apple sauce for some of the oil and it will cut back on the fat.