11/14/2012

Recycled T-shirt

I bought the lil Boo hoodie pattern  a while ago when there was a good sale and just barely made it! I really liked it a lot! The only thing I wish was that it came in bigger sizes it only goes up to a 7, B is currently in a 8 but very skinny so I just lengthened it in the sleeves/shirt and added an extra band at the bottom.

 I added some green thread details to different parts of the shirt, I felt like it needed a little more pop.

 I also unpicked the label and resewed it on the pocket so it looks like a store bought shirt.

 I then added a tight zigzag on the letters in the green thread as well, I think it brings the whole look together. I also did a decorative stitch on the arm seams, you can see it but its not as thick as the zigzags :0)

I did not add the hood since I wanted a shirt and I knew B wouldn't like it. I just added a bit to the neck line so it wasn't too low.