After this dress I made for Daisy my sister in-law, Boston, asked me to make a few more. I was more than happy to since I rarely get that opportunity and she was nice enough to pay me too :0)
I think they turned out great and I am beyond excited at how well they turned out! Especially since I didn't get to try them on while making them and I made quite a few changes to the pattern I used.
If I ever had girls I would want them to be like these two <3 They are the epitome of perfect little girls and are the cutest things ever!
The buttons I used are from my grandma but here are some that look good with the fabric (affiliate links) the first link is very similar to the ones I used here, here, here.
So For Daisy's dress I used Rae's little geranium dress. I didn't make any changes to this dress and I LOVE it so hard!
The buttons turned out to be a happy mistake! I accidentally made the buttonholes a smidge too small so the ones Boston had for the dress didn't fit but I did have these vintage green ones and I instantly knew it was meant to be. The gold on the edges and the way it fits together is perfect, I love it when things happen like that!
Daisy's dress fit perfect after I did a 1/4" seam instead of the 3/8" the pattern called for. I was worried it wouldn't fit since shes grown since the last dress I made her measurements said it would fit but to be safe I decreased the seam allowance and I think it worked out well!
For Junes dress I used the Modern Babydoll top from Shwin designs its a free pattern and was just the right size for June. I love the classic look to a babydoll dress but I did make quite a few changes.
First I lengthened the bodice about 1.5 inches since I wanted it to fit a little lower than the original. I also increased the seam allowance to 1/2" instead of 3/8" since Junes Chest measured 23" instead of 24".
The sleeves I drafted from the original pattern but I changed the depth, length and width for a puffier fit. I also added a band on the hem to bring in more gathers and give it a more fitted look.
I also added 1" to each back piece so I could use buttons instead of a zipper. I also increased the skirt length. Junes dress shoulder to hem I wanted to be at least 26" long I ended up doing it about 1" longer than for growing room.
Overall I'm happy with the dresses and of the ones I made for them these two are my favorite!
After making them I realized I really have a lot to learn about dresses I need more practice I guess ;0)
http://www.sewcando.com, http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/, http://www.skiptomylou.org/, scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom, jembellish, apinchofjoy, huckleberrylove, http://www.emmymom2.com/, http://debcb.com/,