11/11/2013

SewBoy November 2013

SewBoy is here! Can you believe its November? I am in denial but I can't afford to be, ack! I just realized a few days ago that I only have 6 weeks to finish everything! I like to give myself 2 weeks before the babies due date to be completely ready just in case he comes early. People, I hadn't done anything to get ready up to that point, yikes! Anyways with Thanksgiving, Christmas and a baby coming in the same time frame I will be a busy bee!

Here some things I found this month, I hope I haven't posted these before when you've been doing this for 2 years sometimes you forget what you've already done!

Here is a mini tutorial for a boys Utility belt, its really a run down of how she made it and what you can add but I love the idea and I know so many boys who would love this! Check it out! 

 
boy's bias tape tunic tutorial. 
 AWESOME tutorial for a tunic! I love that you can use cotton fabric for this top, think of all the possibilities? go here.


http://www.allmylittlegems.com/2010/02/make-toy-toolbelt-from-placemat.html
This is a really simple thing you can make for your boys tools or cars or whatever he likes to tote around. Its not a full blown tutorial but it is so easy she just explains a few things and its done, really its super easy! go here for the instructions.
 
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/09/little-boy-jeans-refashion-with-uk-flag.html
 I love Ashleys tutorials and this a really cute way to add some dimension to your sons pants!


 IMG_4687 
 No tutorial here either but she basically added biastape to the bottom of her sond cutoff pants to make shorts, super amart and I LOVE the way they look!

http://dieselinbloom.blogspot.com/2012/09/cardigan-onesies.html
 This tutorial is a knock off of Feather Flights tutorial and I really love the way she does it go check it out here!
 
http://www.sewmamasew.com/2008/07/summer-sewing-childs-pool-robe/
 Does your son or daughter need a robe for when they are done swimming? this is a really easy tutorial for making your own, seriously easy check it out!
 
 See you next time!